How do I make a claim?
This policy operates on a reimbursement basis. This means that in the event of your rental vehicle suffering damage which you are held responsible for, you are normally required to pay the excess or administration charges due under your car rental agreement first, and reclaim the costs from us where permitted by our policy.
If you need to make a claim under the optional collision damage waiver (CDW) cover, we will, at our discretion, deal directly with the car rental company for reimbursement under the terms of the policy. Further details would be provided to you if this situation arose.
We always try to make the claim process as simple as possible for you. Please note we will validate all claims, and through this process will on occasion:
- Ask for the original car hire agreement and repair invoice.
- Share information with other insurers.
- Validate details with car hire companies.
What do I need to do?
- For theft, attempted theft or vandalism claims, or where local requirements state that you must notify the local police following an accident, you should contact the relevant police force as soon as possible to obtain a report.
- Complete our claim form within 90 days of you being charged by the car rental company.
What do I need to provide?
- Your ReduceMyExcess certificate of insurance
- Your car rental agreement
- Your copy of the damage report and damage invoice.
- a copy of any reports or invoices from the repairing garage (if applicable)
- any additional documents confirming the amount you have paid in respect of damage to the hire vehicle for which you are seeking reimbursement and, where possible, photographs of the damage.
- a colour copy of the driving licence of the driver who was driving the hire car at the time of the damage
- a copy of the local police report (if applicable)
- a copy of your credit/debit card statement showing the excess or administration charges
- Your bank details, including the sort code and account number
You will not be able to submit your claim until you have all of the required information. If a claim is made or legal proceedings are brought against you by a third party, you must as soon as practicably possible forward to us every demand, notice, summons or other correspondence you have received.
ReduceMyExcess Claim Form
What Happens Next?
Once we have received your claim form we will forward this to our claims handling service, usually within two working days. The claims handling service will contact you directly, usually within five working days, to acknowledge your claim and will supply you with further information about the claims process.
If you need any assistance completing your claim form, please telephone us on 0330 094 5241. (24 hour telephone service, ReduceMyExcess are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm excluding public holidays, outside of these times a message will be taken by our claims handlers Lucas Claim Solutions)